A BLOG ABOUT ART, DESIGN AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN

Saturday, July 10, 2010

A LITTLE ABOUT THE ARTISTS



My name is Melinda and art has always been a huge part of my life but I didn't know what an impact it would have on my life and others until I met my husband. While working as a graphic artist I had an opportunity to find a wonderful man who was not currently pursuing graphic design but had a college degree in the field. After he proposed to me in an art gallery, by painting "Will you marry me" we have been great friends and business partners ever since. We combined our skills to create KEEP CALM SHOP along with our other etsy shops.

Feel free to stop in and browse some of our current art collection featured on etsy at www.keepcalmshop.etsy.com, www.pixiepixels.etsy.com or www.thewordshop.etsy.com. Many of our collectors have wondered how we got started. I thought I might take a little time to address that. We try to create shops with a feel of modern nostalgia so with that in mind we first start with a concept, then we sketch it, yes by hand. That's where it gets fun, the sketch moves from the drawing board to the scanner and then I turn it into vector graphics so we have the option to offer wide ranges of sizes and color selections to our audience. So we hope you enjoy and may we all continue to inspire on another. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment